Booting with Compatibility Mode on file

Caffeinatedsoap

Limp Gawd
I'm having an odd issue trying to open a file at user login with compatibility mode on. I'm running Windows XP 64 bit on this computer and am trying to run a special 32 bit program.

The program works great but unless you have compatibility mode on it will pop up with an error message saying "It is not recomended to run this on Windows Server 2003 would you like to continue?" with a yes and no option. You hit yes it boots up fine. Now if I enable compatibility mode for windows xp it opens fine.

Cool right? Not really. If I throw a shortcut to it in the startup folder or link directly to it using run in registry and boot up it ignores the compatibility mode option and gives me this message. I've gone as far as to try to make a batch file to launch the file and launch the batch file at startup but it will open up then not launch the exe completely ignoring it or saying it can't find it even when I put the complete path to the file in.

What other ways do I have of tricking this single executable file to thinking it is running in a standard XP 32 bit enviornment except for using XP 32 bit?

Maybe you could try the Application Compatibility Toolkit:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc507852.aspx

Open Compatibility Administrator, and create a new compatibility database (I found that one was already present, ready to be created). Click on Fix, and add the executable you want with the correct compatibility fix. Once that's made, save the database, then right-click the database in the tree view and choose Install.

I can't guarantee it will work, mind; just a possibility.

Back