Booting Win2k3

Belial

n00b
I recently downloaded the Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition (32bit) iso from Microsoft and installed it on my primary machine.

The problem is, I had to do it from within XP and let it reboot from there. I tried booting it from CD and it just wouldn't happen. I even tried disabling all other boot devices besides the first boot which was CDROM. Others who have gotten this iso said the cd booted fine for them.

I'd like to be able to format the drive instead of write over the existing XP install with Win2k3. (Which is what is happening now.) If anyone has an idea or has had this problem before, let me know.

Thanks.

I'd say you need to try burning the ISO again.

maybe I'm missing something here.. You downloaded the the file while you were in xp ( no problem there) and then what did you do? you ran the iso from inside xppro and installed it where??

I downloaded the file, burned the iso, rebooted the machine with the iso in the cdrom and it just wouldn't boot. (After setting the boot sequences in the bios of course.) So It went into XP and then I extracted it and ran the setup from there. I installed over my C: drive. Overwrote the Windows folder, etc.

When the install itself asked for a reboot, it let me into the normal text startup install and listed my partitions. It would not let me delete the current partition to create a new one.

Thing is I'd like to format. I still have all my previous programs under C:\Program Files\ in Windows Explorer but most of them of course won't work because of needed files in the Windows directory.

You burned the ISO as an image file, and not just as a single file on the CD, right?

Back