Bootable CD-Rom Disc

RangerSVT

[H]ard|Gawd
Can someone point me to the right direction? I'm trying to make a bootable CD that'll allow me to use msdos commands and execute nvflash all from a single cd. I've tried several methods of burning a Windows 98 ISO boot image and added my needed files, but in the end, they're not showing up when I dir the directory, also it seems to default my directory to A:\ when I did have a successful Bootable CD. I can easily make a bootable CD w/ an Windows 98 MS DOS Image file, but adding my personal files to that disc won't show up when I boot to it.

Is there an easier way or am I just completely fucking up and not doing it right?

I'm trying to flash my 8800GT's bios in MSDOS w/ Nvflash, if I can't find a working method to be able to do this with a CD, I'll just resort to using a thumb drive, which will set my project back a couple of days.

Any ideas?

What burning program do you have? Most, like Nero, include options for making bootable DOS CDs built in. I do this with a DVD, and put the ghost.exe and my ghost sysprep file on it, and that's how I set up new machines at work, thanks to some suggestions on here.

What burning program do you have? Most, like Nero, include options for making bootable DOS CDs built in. I do this with a DVD, and put the ghost.exe and my ghost sysprep file on it, and that's how I set up new machines at work, thanks to some suggestions on here.

I tried that option in Nero, with and without keyboard emulation, it hands when it is detecting usb hosts...? No idea

I decided to buy a USB floppy drive , thanks DeaconFrost, and for the rest , you guys were pretty much worthless.

Thanks again, peace. :p

I tried that option in Nero, with and without keyboard emulation, it hands when it is detecting usb hosts...? No idea
That's when you need to go into the BIOS and enable legacy USB support, then it works fine in DOS. This has been the case with every Intel chipset I've ever owned, at least.

That's when you need to go into the BIOS and enable legacy USB support, then it works fine in DOS. This has been the case with every Intel chipset I've ever owned, at least.

It was enabled, the bios was setup correctly, the CD's just weren't working the way it should be, not to worry though, I already flashed my 8800GT with the USB Floppy Drive that I bought, seemed to work flawlessly, good stuff, now my 8800GT is stock clocked @ 675mhz core, 950mhz memory :p

Back