Bluetooth to 802.11b?

Othersider

Gawd
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
576
Is there a wireless 802.11b adapter that connects via Bluetooth? Or perhaps a Bluetooth-to-USB(female) adapter? I know wireless USB is still a long way off.

Alternately, since Xbox is pretty much USB, has anyone ever rigged a wireless Xbox controller to be a USB relay? Or is the signal translation done after the receiver?
 
Othersider said:
Is there a wireless 802.11b adapter that connects via Bluetooth? Or perhaps a Bluetooth-to-USB(female) adapter? I know wireless USB is still a long way off.

Alternately, since Xbox is pretty much USB, has anyone ever rigged a wireless Xbox controller to be a USB relay? Or is the signal translation done after the receiver?


From .11b to BT, I believe no, there is a big performance hit. As for BT to USB, there are a bunch. Female adapter on which end? Host or device?

Wireless USB is closer than you think. I have seen demos already. Pretty damn cool. Expect early versions later this year.

Xbox, no idea.
 
Xbox usb adapter is easy as hell. An xbox controller cable is merely a usb cable with an extra cord. Just cut a usb cord and an xbox controller extension (so you don't ruin a controller) and solder the wires together. The colors are the same in both so you shouldn't have any problems.
 
Back
Top