• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bluetooth Ipod Transmiter

forcemac101

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2001
Messages
2,031
I have been looking around for quite some time now for a Ipod bluetooth transmitter that snaps on to the dock connector on the Nano (and doesn't look ghetto), and I think I may have found what I have been looking for. Take a look:

Link at JR

Its made in black and white, I can find them in stock from several british stores for about a $25-30 premium over regular price. ($100). I was wonder if anyhere has had a chance to use one of these? I what I am really looking for is a) does it work well (not marginally) and b) does it work without paring their specific headphones with the adapter.

By reading the discriptions, it says it supports AD2P and AVRCP which tells me it should work with my motorola bluetooth headset BT820

BT820 Site

I am pretty excited, and I hope I find someone with some experience with this device. All I need is that Sony BT5000 car stereo head and you can say goodbye to FM tansmitters.
 
Sorry for the bad news, but from my experience with bluetooth objects (laptop with bluetooht, DLink DB-120 bluetooth dongle, Sony Ericsson T610 cell phone, and Motorola HS850 bluetooth headset), that I don't recommend bluetooth anything. Transfer speeds were slow between my cell phone and the other objects (like 4 KB/second!). I think bluetooth is way overrated and isn't worth it at all.

You'd be much better off buying (or using) a stock iPod USB or firewire cable between the iPod and computer for really fast transfer rates and no connectivity problems. Bluetooth for me had connectivity problems by the way, it took minutes of setup everytime I connected a bluetooth object up.
 
azulcorvette said:
Sorry for the bad news, but from my experience with bluetooth objects (laptop with bluetooht, DLink DB-120 bluetooth dongle, Sony Ericsson T610 cell phone, and Motorola HS850 bluetooth headset), that I don't recommend bluetooth anything. Transfer speeds were slow between my cell phone and the other objects (like 4 KB/second!). I think bluetooth is way overrated and isn't worth it at all.

You'd be much better off buying (or using) a stock iPod USB or firewire cable between the iPod and computer for really fast transfer rates and no connectivity problems. Bluetooth for me had connectivity problems by the way, it took minutes of setup everytime I connected a bluetooth object up.

The bluetooth will be used only for wireless playback, not transfer rates...god that would be way to slow!

My HT820 stereo headset is great and works flawlessly with my Dell 350 Bluetooth 2.0 card in my laptop. I like the idea of having mw BT820s wireless while I am out and about with my Ipod but I don't think I would give up my Shure's to go wireless, ultimately, I want the bluetooth transmitteer piece, so that when someone finally releases a car stereo with AVRCP and AD2P capability I won't need a single adapter or wire hanging on my car dash. (sony has plans for one..but right now its a pipe dream and only slated for europe)
 
Back
Top