• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Bluetooth headsets as a PC headset?

benutne

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 15, 2001
Messages
1,492
If I were to buy a bluetooth dongle for my PC, would I be able to use a bluetooth headset designed for cell phones with my PC? I found a few cheap bluetooth dongles online (~$10) and got to wondering if I could use something like this just like a mic and headphones.

My two main ideas are our PBX system, which right now, uses a limited number of hardphones, but anyone who wanted an extension could just install a softphone and get this setup. The other idea is online games like WoW. I'd use the headset for speech, and my speakers just like normal.
 
That's a great idea! Seems like a viable idea to me. I'm very interested to see if anyone has gotten this working yet!
 
assuming you could find the right drivers for the device, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
 
Bump for great justice. Anyone know of a bluetooth headset that has Windows drivers?
 
Back
Top