bluetooth headset as a microphone?

Aesalon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 12, 2000
Messages
207
hey guys, just a couple questions here. I got my bluetooth headset, the jabra jx10 working on my PC but the quality is absolutely horrible. I've never owned any other bluetooth headsets and I'm wondering if this is typical for all bluetooth headsets across the board when paired with a PC.

there's the plantronics cs50-usb headset but that's what, $200? though if anyone here has one of 'em, I'd love to know if the sound quailty on it's worth it.

all in all, I'm just looking for a wireless microphone for the most part so I can game comfortably while on ventrilo or another VOIP application/game. I have 5.1 speakers so there's no need for the headphones portion of a headset. thanks!
 
Bumping an old thread as I am wondering the same thing.
Can I use a Bluetooth headset just for Ventrillo/Teamspeak and still get the normal game sounds thru my speakers?
 
yeah, but the bluetooth headsets for cell phones are shit for quality. trust me, it's not really worth it so go pickup an icemat headset. I got one and that thing is super comfortable and great for quality.

otherwise, you're gonna have to wait till someone actually releases a bluetooth mic for pc's. good luck!
 
Splitting sounds through multiple outputs is difficult, and may be impossible. Sorry!

For a pretty good Bluetooth sound setup, I recommend Jabra's BT200/BT250. I used them as dictaphones in my college lectures two years ago- the directional mic is great for picking up only what you want them to get.
 
Back
Top