Blueprint/Diagram Software?

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
Just looking for how to come up with nice little "map" of the network (where things are at physically, etc...) so I can say "You sit at desk #30? Jacks #142 and 143 are at your desk".

Looking for more of a blueprint software, anyone have any idea?

Everything is square or rectangular, should be simple enough.

A better name would be Diagram. I know a number of people here like Microsoft Visio which actually makes some good looking network maps. I'm sure some free software is around just have to search for it.

Looks good- I guess I am looking for more of a blueprint software?

Would like to be able to do a small map of the office (on single peice of paper) and have all the jacks labeled.

So you are looking for more of a floor plan then. Not sure about that to be honest.

AutoCAD or Paint?

See if you can get the blueprints of your office. Make a digial copy and go from there.

I have them, but (as most blueprints) they are very large. No idea how to take an image of them (camera would look like crap)... Goal is to be able to at least edit it on PC once I have it in some sort of digital format.

I have them, but (as most blueprints) they are very large. No idea how to take an image of them (camera would look like crap)... Goal is to be able to at least edit it on PC once I have it in some sort of digital format.
Bring it to Kinkos or a simular place and have them scan it. They can export it into all kinds of files. But I think a PDF will suffice. Then convert it to a format Visio can open and go from there. Just an idea...

Back