Blogging Backfires For CEO

HardOCP News

[H] News
Using your blog to dispel rumors of layoffs is probably a bad idea when you are planning on laying off 40% of your employees.

That set off a spate of employee comments about looming layoffs, including links to leaked memos, but Mr. Goldberg again brushed off the speculation. On Jan. 3, Mr. Goldberg announced that he was cutting 66 employees, or 40 percent of the staff.

Using your blog to dispel rumors of layoffs is probably a bad idea when you are planning on laying off 40% of your employees.

Damnit! My mom was finally proven right - I SHOULDN'T believe everything on the internet. It took 15 years for someone to publish an untruth-atude, but that day has finally come. The internet is fallling.

Side note, a company I worked for a few years back was well known for layoffs, and infact most days I went to work with the accepted fact that today will be the day. No CEOs were blogging persay - but the yahoo comments blog on this company's stock page was rife with the rumors, truths, and so forth. I know a grip of people in all layers of managemetn were constantly on there and posting under different names.

Back