Biostar M7VIP MOBO..what version do I have?

Kingrat

n00b
I've looked and can't seem to find out what version I have. I looked at the bios screens and also in Sisoft Sandra and can't find it. I am thinking about upping my CPU from a XP 2000+ to maybe a XP 2800+, until I can put the money together for a new PC.

Anyone know where it (the info) is for sure??

Thanks..

According to Biostar you can go all the way upto 2.7GHz, although we know AMD hasn't reached that speed yet. They may have been referring to AMD's product name though, which would obviously be a 2700+. As far as which version, it should be printed on the motherboard.
m7vipshot.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Biostar has been sent a request for info on this at least twice and never has replied. There are two versions of the M7VIP, and the max processor is different on each.

The info below is what I got from the Biostar Webites (Amer and Taiwan).
I don't seem to be able to find out what version I have 1.0 or 1.1. If I have a 1.0, I can go to a Athlon XP 2600+, if I have V1.1, I can go to an XP 3000+, and if I remember correctly, V1.0 only takes a 266MHZ bus CPU. The memory amount is totally bogus, 768 Megs is the most you can run, any more will cause all kinds of errors/reboots. Sisoft Sandra and some other similar programs all say 768megs is the max possible. This is ok, and the thing is stable as a rock, but if I can use a 333bus 2800+ processor, it would let me stretch it's life out another year, and then build an A64 box similar to the one I just built for a friend, without nickel and diming it just to be able to do it. That's kind of how I wound up with the Biostar MOBO in the first place. I can't cry too much, my PC is a tad slower than a friend's Abit boarded machine, but I can do multitasking stuff that he cant do without crashing, so I'm more than happy with the 55 bucks I spent on it.

I can't see any Version on the mobo, it's pretty hard to see anything in there, it's got a ton of cables everywhere. I'll try looking again. Thanks.

Back