BIOS update on Asus P5E

jrg70

Weaksauce
I'm wanting to update the bios on my P5E. I have never updated the bios, so it is pretty old.
It's been a while since I done this. The last time was by extracting the bios onto a floppy and booting to the floppy and flashing. I don't have a floppy drive now, so I have to use other methods that are supposed to be easier.

This board has the EZ Flash 2 utiliity, but I'm not doing something right because it's not easy...
What am I doing wrong?
I download the newest bios from Asus.
I extracted it to a USB thumb drive
I boot the system and press alt-F2...but it does not go into the EZFlash 2 utility
I go into the bios setup program and can launch it from there.
From in there I have two drives to chose from (C and D)
I look in both drives but I finds nothing.
I tried putting the bios update file on the C drive but I does not see it there either.
This should not be that hard, but I am finding a way to make it hard.

Thanks

EZ flash2 is one of the best ways to flash. Make sure your flash drive is formated in FAT. My guess is your flash drive is the problem....

Yes, make sure your flash drive is formatted in FAT.

Also make sure that USB Devices are enabled in the BIOS. You should see it come up during the post (although quickly) where hard drives, etc. are also shown.

Yes, make sure your flash drive is formatted in FAT.

Also make sure that USB Devices are enabled in the BIOS. You should see it come up during the post (although quickly) where hard drives, etc. are also shown.

+1. Although my flash drive is formatted ntfs, I never had issues flashing from it. As long as it's recognized in bios, you should be able to browse to it and flash it...

My latest Asus P7P55D says it can flash from NTFS too but read only mode so you can't backup your previous bios to it.

Back