BIOS Temp Monitor

T

Torn

I'm running an A7N8X-E with a Palomino 2000+ at 133FSB and when I first installed it, the temps were getting up to 64C sitting idle. Now, after the thermal-pad has had time to settle, its still running up around 54C idle. On my old mobo, I was getting 45C idle. Is it possible that the on-board sensor just isn't picking up the temp correctly? Thanks.

thermal pad? did you use the same thermal pad as when it was on the other motherboard? If so, reseating with a one use thermal pad would be why your cpu has the hots.
So, my suggestion is getting some new thermal paste - scrape off the thermal pad gently with the back side (not cutting edge) of a plastic knife clean the cooler with some alcohol and a lint free cloth - put a small but covering amount of paste on and reseat - I bet your temps go down.
Now is the cpu cooler the stock one?
Also, see if there is a new bios for your board - I had a bios where the temps were misread with my nf2 u 400 board, that could be happening to you. But do get some new paste as paste is better than thermal pad.

It's actually a brand new thermal pad. It was suggested to me by an engineer...but then he could be wrong. *L* I'll have to try the BIOS update.

Back