• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Big audiophile delima...

Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
592
Should I put flac on my Ipod nano? Since I can hear the difference, and most can't? I'll have like 100 songs :-\
 
Waaah, wahhh, No one must be telling the truth on the webs, I MUST WHHHINNNE ABOUT IT.

Shutup. Whether you don't believe me, or you are jealous, I don't give a shit.

Okay, I'll rephrase the question: If I DO have this ability, would it be worthwhile to put flac on my Ipod Nano? It'll turn an Ipod or nearly 1000 songs using Ogg vorbis to... around 120 or so :-\
 
OMG! I guess you guys are right, i'm doing teh trolling!!!1111111 It's quite obvious that I would want to sacrifice a 4gig ipod that holds nearly 1000 songs to 1 that holds 120 for something I can't hear!!!11111 I MUST BE TROLLING!!1111

Seriously, this is getting annoying. When you're ready to give a real response, I'll listen.
 
"Since I can hear the difference, and most can't?"
serious ego problems?

This is not a valid question, if you only use it for portable use with mid-fi headphones, I'd go high ogg.

What headphones do you use?
 
Newsboys2004 said:
Should I put flac on my Ipod nano? Since I can hear the difference, and most can't? I'll have like 100 songs :-\

seriously, just do it. do you always ask for permission? its free. i did. difference? not really, but copy paste was easier than converting and copy paste.
 
Since you said in your other 'golden ears' thread you could here the spit in the singers mouth, you probably want to go with the One Thousand Sounds of Singing Saliva Selections.
 
delima?

Considering the tradeoffs for battery life (never tried Lossless on a Nano to be honest - didn't really consider it) versus increase of quality versus ambient noise even with highly isolating head/earphones, I decided it wasn't worth it.

High-bitrate compressed of around the 256K MP3 range does a more than adequate job for portable use. If you're considering a point-to-point transportable rig based around an iPod, perhaps FLAC/ALAC makes more sense.
 
Is 100 songs at a time enough for you? If so, do it. If it isn't? Then don't, or sell that one on ebay and buy one of the real iPods with a 60 gig hard drive ;).

I never got how some people think the regular iPod is still too big, it's like half the size of my cell phone.
 
I don't think you could even notice the difference from portable headphones.
 
Newsboys2004, can we keep the name calling and insults out of this forum?

~Thanks
 
Why is he talking to himself? :confused:

I didn't know the iPod Nano can run FLAC or OGG unless its running Rockbox or Linux.

Just do it and see if you are happy with the results. I don't know why you would have to ask permission to do so.

Personally I wouldn't even consider it with a Nano or any other portable player since I use them when I'm out on the streets.
 
Back
Top