• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

BFG Tech Geforce 6800 OC

stlyesp

n00b
Joined
Oct 8, 2004
Messages
1
Yea, im having very low framerates with this card. I am pretty sure its my PSU, but im not 100% positive. My specs are as follows:

ECS K7S5A Pro
AMD 2200+
512mb of kingston ram
250w antec PSU
 
How low of frame rates ? Your cpu is MAJOR bottle neck for any new card.
 
I get over 11k on 3dmark 2003 with mine. What do you get?
 
And be sure to give it its own power rail. I ran the hard drive off the same rail as the video card and it would kick out of games.
 
hes also got a 250w PSU wether or not that is causing your low FPS it is pushing it a little with that card and your other hardware. But like others have said make sure all the old drivers are out then install them again.
 
stlyesp said:
Yea, im having very low framerates with this card. I am pretty sure its my PSU, but im not 100% positive. My specs are as follows:

ECS K7S5A Pro
AMD 2200+
512mb of kingston ram
250w antec PSU


The psu is below the recommended psu for the graphics card so this is probably something you should change. I bet if anything you'd have much better stability with that system with a 500w antec or pc&p psu

~Adam
 
Back
Top