• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BFG 6800 OC edition...Core Temp?

Bluntablo

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
113
I ahve had this card a while now, and I recently Updated the Drrivers to the new 78.01, My core temp while idle is aroun 68C, but my temp while gaming is arounf 85-90C...Is this too high? The default Cut off is 120C, but 90C still seems high too me....

I apologize for My Noob ness :)
 
No, that's not too high. It is enough to cook an egg. Jk.

That's definitely too high IMO. You should definitely invest in better cooling device. I have a 6800 ultra on stock fan and it idles at 51 C and load it comes up to 60C.
 
What would you suggest?

I have 120MM fan on the backblowing in, a 90 MM on the top blowing out, and 2 90MM fans on the removeable side panel, Blowing in. I have room for one more on the Side panel, which would put one Blowing in directly onto the Card...is this worth tryin, or Is there a better Option for me too try?
 
Back
Top