BFG 6800 GT Performance...

Dissolution

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
103
I have just gotten my BFG 6800 GT and am switching from ATI to Nvidia and I ran 3DMark03 with the 6800 GT and only got 8011 is that a low score cause I have seen some of you guys get in the 13000 range with the BFG 6800 GT?
 
Did you fully remove the drivers. Like going into safemode and using driver cleaner 3 to fully remove all the old drivers.. .. Plus the people scoring 11k-13k are doing some overclocking. Use coolbits3 and bump your card to ultra speeds. 400core/1100memory and you will see some better scores....
 
I am very interested in overclocking though I am nervous cause I just got the card and am afraid of voiding the warranty, I might give it a few months before I overclock.

As for the old drivers I am going to do that now thanks.
 
There's nothing that warrants overclocking the 6800gt right now. All games that I play are flawless at very high settings.
 
Something is definitely wrong!! I ran my bfg6800gt on a p4 1.6 @ 2.1 and got 10.5K using 3d mark 03. I agree you must have a driver conflict somewhere.
 
Well I tried going to safmode but my computer wont let me go up and down to select safemode, its like my keyboard is off after I hit F8.
 
Is getting 8600 in 3dmark with a GeForce 6800nu (with a p4 2.8 GHz 40mhz fsb, 1 gig rdram) ok?
 
Sweet, I reformated and everything is working flawlesly. For some reason a USB keyboard wont work on startup... only PS2. I love my 6800 GT!
 
Reformat? Bah... You should have just used Driver Cleaner.... Much simpler...

I hope you at least did a full reformat, not a quick one.

Anyway, how many marks you getting?
 
Well I reformated so I dont have 3DMark03 anymore so I'll post the marks in a few hours.(I downloading it)

The reformat wasnt really for my video card it was for my whole computer havent reformated in about 3 years or so, just thought it was the perfect time to do it.
 
Like I said before I am really nervous about overclocking and voiding my warranty I just bought the card last night.
 
Back
Top