Better phone DAC, or external Android USBc DAC?

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
So,

I'm not looking to spend more than a few dollars here... Perhaps <50$. I'm seeing a lot of generic Chinese USBc DACs which work very well with Android phones.

I have an S10e, and sadly, I don't have QUITE enough power to drive my 64ohm headset to the level of volume needed to really open them up.

I see a LOT of 30-50$ "in-line" dongle type USBc DACs which support up to 150ohm headsets, albeit, at this price, well - I'm skeptical.

I also notice that my S10e has mediocre audio quality, especially when balancing music heavy on mid (500>1500hz) tones while playing female vocals (2000hz+).

I only listen to electronica, and heavy bass electronica at that.

Anything, in-line, thats not >50$ that could rectify this? I want better sound quality than the s10e offers, and a bit better volume/"openness" than the stock DAC provides.

As a good example, many of my tracks produce zero increase in volume past 3/4 up the volume bar... Even if I found a cheap DAC, that sounds better, and has a touch more volume... IN THEN IN-LINE FORM FACTOR, I"d be thrilled :)

TLDR: an extra 3-6dba would be lovely. Good bass. Good separation between bass, mids, and highs. Obviously I know the headset plays a HUGE role here... But... I love what I have, so I'd like to just improve what I've got - in line - for under <50$ or so.

That an option? If not, I'll spring for the a DAC I've wanted for awhile and deal but... I don't want to colour this thread with my preferences - I wanna know what ya'll think!

Back