Best Wireless hard drive ?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
For a phone and tablet. That way I don't have to buy a expensive phone with 512 GB or 1 GB of storage on it for media.

Yes I could stream but that is not 100%.

We have a Seagate Wireless drive for watching movies. It’s been working for about 5 years now. Little bulky, but it works. I copy files over USB2 cable. App on all the kids iPads. We got the 500GB version. Plenty of space since I handbrake the movies down to constant quality of about 20 and just keep AAC stereo.

I’d like to replace it, but haven’t really seen anything substantially better that is all self contained. An SSD version would be nice, but a 2.5” hdd works fine for streaming movies….they are actually very power efficient in that usage.

For a phone and tablet. That way I don't have to buy a expensive phone with 512 GB or 1 GB of storage on it for media.

Yes I could stream but that is not 100%.
You can use a simply "WD My Cloud Home" ClickMe .... and you can also install the application on your smartphone ClickMe

I can access my TrueNAS anywhere in my home, and anywhere in the world over my VPN from my phone.

Back