• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best value for RAID 0 HDD?

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
1,311
I'm spitballing a new computer. Right now I have a Mushkin 60GB SSD and a 300GB Raptor for the big stuff.

I plan on keeping the SSD for the OS as it's served me well and been just right for size.

Need more space than the Raptor so I'm looking for 2 inexpensive HDD's to do a RAID 0, which I've never tried before. Looking at these right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136794

Right about the price I want and PLENTY of storage between 2 of them. But is there something better that I should consider?
 
I don't really, lol

Just for loading video games. Frankly I wouldn't mind using the raptor since I have it but it's too small and I need to leave something in my current computer to make it easier to sell.

I've never tried RAID before and I figured what the hell, might as well see what it's all about.

I'd prefer a 256gb ssd and make due with the space, but they are still out of my price range.

HDD's of this range are affordable enough that I can get two for the hell of it just to screw around.
 
Back
Top