Best scratch-proof window for an LCD?

SiO2

n00b
Joined
Jul 6, 2015
Messages
33
Not sure if this the the right part of the forums to ask this.

I'm doing a casemod where I have to mount a small custom lcd. I need some kind of clear material to use as a protective window for the lcd to sit behind. Due to the particulars of the setup, the requirements are that it needs to be super thin (~1mm), scratch proof/resistant, not going to explode into a million pieces if I drill a couple screw holes though it, and at least 2x6 inches in size.

I have no idea what I should even be looking for. Do they sell glass panes at that thickness? Should I be looking at Lexan? Lucite? Are there other forms of acrylic/polycarbonate/plexiglass?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (especially if you can find something I can order off Amazon).
 
Back
Top