Best Return Policy / Retailers....

bl80

n00b
Looking for specific advice on different retailers return policy..
I was in BB yesterday and noted they had a 14 day return policy for displays.. seems pretty cut and dry.. seemed to be no clause regarding bad pixel amount, etc..

I see that Newegg is an 8 pixel minimum for returns. Not acceptable in my opinion.

Anyone have any info regarding retailers (online or Brick n Mortar) ?

thanks...

Costco's return policy USED TO BE 6 months on electronics, no questions asked, but with people abusing the system, they now have a 90 day return policy.

Dell has a good return policy. Their 3-year warranty is excellent, too. You literally can return/exchange as many times as necessary until you're satisfied. Dell pays all the shipping both ways.

With restocking fee, right?

Well, according to BB policy, its on opened notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS/navigation and in-car video systems unless defective or prohibited by law.

Fry's Electronics has a pretty good return policy...30 days no restocking fee...they'll take it back unless it has physical damage...although I haven't had to deal with it so who knows if it works or not.

Fry's Electronics has a pretty good return policy...30 days no restocking fee...they'll take it back unless it has physical damage...although I haven't had to deal with it so who knows if it works or not.

I have had to return a ton of things to Fry's, never had an issue.

I was told by an employee at Best Buy when I bought an LCD there that there was a 15% restock fee on LCDs.

I was told by an employee at Best Buy when I bought an LCD there that there was a 15% restock fee on LCDs.

Yeah..pretty much the reason I went with Fry's even though it's 35 min further away for me...also their service plan was like 30% of what Best Buy wanted for the same time frame...

Has anyone seen any non-TN 24" monitors at Costco for good prices? Seems like they mostly sell full package systems...

I purchased an LCD monitor fro best buy, it had one stuck pixel so I took it back to exchange, not refund. I told them I wasn't happy with it and wanted it replaced, they said go grab one off the shelf, bring it to the counter, and we'll exchange it for you. And they did just that. I think the restocking fee only applies for straight up returns, not for exchanges.

The guy at Best Buy is misinformed... no restocking fee on LCD monitors... at least not at the 4 Best Buys I've been to.

Was just reading Best Buy's return policy and it doesn't mention a restocking fee but there is only a 14 day return time frame for monitors.

No restocking fee at BB, I've returned no less than 7 LCDs there for a full refund including tax.

Bestbuy or Dell.

Stay away from NewEgg, pixel policies, shipping, restock fees, no returns on certain monitor sizes...

Back