Best reseller to buy Cisco gear from?

Nocturnal

Gawd
Who do you guys buy your new gear from? Looking to pick up an 892W router. Curious to know if I should just grab it off eBay or find a reputable dealer?

Just buying one? Cheapest place online you find. If it's a more substantial order (>$10K) work with a local partner for better pricing.

Don't buy Cisco from Newegg if you ever want support on it. Get it from a real VAR like CDW. Newegg will try to pass you off to Cisco for support and without a smartnet account you are SOL.

From a local Cisco Authorized Partner (my company or any number of other partners) or from an Authorized Distributor (CDW, I've done business with them a couple years ago, pretty good, pricing is so-so).

It's for home use or home business but still not your typical business type purchase.

Okay, then what I said above. I wouldn't worry about Smartnet or anything when buying for home use.

Usually what I do is input the part number into Google, then it will show you a price from something like 100+ stores. Click on that button, then click on NEW ITEMS and then sort by FINAL PRICE (this includes shipping and handling). I usually go from there and pick stores that have 500+ 4.5-5 star ratings since google allocates ratings from multiple sites.

Usually, Provantage (www.provantage.com) is on the top of the list.

I like buying from them and haven't had any issues. I've purchased multiple orders and probably over $100k from them in the past year.

I purchase a LOT of stuff from Newegg, but their Cisco equipment is usually pretty costly.

If you're buying $100K of Cisco gear off listed Internet prices you're paying too much. A partner can get you a better deal...or CDW if you call them and let them register your deal with Cisco.

CDW is the largest stocking Cisco var in the US. They will discount the hell out of gear to get business.

I think it's been summed up, for one time buyers on that small of a scale (1 item), newegg, ebay, cdw are your best bets.

No VAR is going to give you a discount on one item. Trust me, I worked for Silver/Gold Cisco partners (including CDW) and I know at least one other person here that works for a big Cisco partner.

Back