Best remote monitoring webcam software?

ZachWhite0

Limp Gawd
Can anyone recommend some webcam monitoring software. Basically just want some software that will let me view live feed from remote webcams. If it has motion detection email alerts that would be even better.

There is a lot of crap/shareware for this stuff out there and I am a bit confused on which software is actually good.

Yes, Webcam XP, it has a lot of functions and it's easy to use.

And with no intention of derailing the thread, if I wanted to setup a 4 or 8 camera security system... what kind of webcams would you recommend and how would all of these cameras connect to a single computer? Are there wireless webcams that you just administer via IP address or something?

Yes, you can administer Wireless IP yes. There are many ways to do this and WebcamXP works wonders for this. You can also set up motion detection. check it out, you'll like it.

I have a Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000. I'm not sure if I can get that setup with a remote setup. It just connects via USB.

Quickcam

I will look into that software as I would also like to setup some sort of security system.

Back