Best place to buy XP pro online?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Trying to find the cheapest place to get XP pro as im having more and more ppl want me to build them a computer. Ive seen a stripped down version of XP pro for 50$ on some website but Im not sure exactly what they mean by stripped down. Thanks for any help.

I haven't seen XP Pro Full for such a rock bottom price.

At newegg, XP Pro OEM costs $140, Home edition costs $100 or so.

Unless you need the extra features in Pro, Home is perfectly fine.

Could you provide a link to the stripped down version of WinXP Pro? As far as I know there are only XP Home and XP Pro with their various licenses like OEM, Corporate, and academic licenses. The home version is a 'lighter' version that Pro which is mostly networking and security issue differences. The cheapest places to buy XP is a campus bookstore if you are a student or an OEM version from probably Newegg or some other online retail website.

Ill post a link as soon as my buddy gets home and sends it to me.. He just told me he orderd 3 copies of it. Im curious to see what all has been yanked off of it.

Because it is too good to be true.

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
Retail price: $3999.00
Our low Price: $150.00

What do I get when I order something from you?

You get the CD(s) with the software in jewel case and labels. You also get the activation key, serial number or cd key necessary to activate the software so it work. Note, that you will not be able to register the software with the manufacturer and get their support, but we will do our best to support you any way possible. This includes providing different updates and service packs. However some updates will still be available from manufacturers, in fact most of them.

Where does this software comes from ?

The software is shipped from Eastern Europe.

It's a scam.. stay away.

WHY SO CHEAP-

All the software is OEM- Meaning that you don't get the box and the manual with your software. All you will receive is the actual software and your unique registration code.

All the software is in the English language for PC. Our offers are unbeatable and we always update our prices to make sure we provide you with the best possible offers. Hurry up and place your order, because our supplies are limited. Also, at the moment we offer FREE SHIPPING!

No tech support is given by the manufacturer. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Question’s Section for more information. Note that we are not selling any trial, incomplete or academic version of software – it is original and fully functional.

Ya know.. I wouldnt doubt it at all if its a scam.

I couldn't get to that site, but judging from the disclaimer posted, it's that scam site in the middle of Romania or something.

$50 is not a normal price for XP Pro. Here are realistics:

Campus Licensing Windows XP Pro (students only): $5
Academic XP Pro: $130 I think
OEM: $140

XP Home:
OEM: $90

Originally posted by bigfoot-tpf-
http://www.newegg.com/app/Viewprodu...368&manufactory=1149&description=&srchFor=oem

Those are normal OEM prices...

Different updates you say? Wouldn't any normal oem copy allow you to download updates?

With warezed CD keys Microsoft service packs won't install unless you edit them....

In case I wasn't clear enough the first time
IT IS A SCAM

I hope your friend has some sort of credit card protection...

Like I said befor I wouldnt doubt it at all if its a scam. Im not the one that orderd them. Hehe.. my buddy is gonna be pist tho.

I have seen that link before in a thread a month or so ago. It was in Romania or Russia and the deal was a knockoff copy of XP and probably the PID of that leaked Dell corporate version. It is a scam and your friend is it's latest victim :(

Why does everyone have such a hard time getting XP? I got mine for $10 through work, which isn't an option for everyone, but I have seen at almost all computers shows, XP Pro Corporate for about $129.

Originally posted by Copyright
I dont agree.. ive found many prices on the net better then new eggs.. www.svc.com had a few items cheaper.. although newegg does have good prices.

They may be cheaper, but newegg's Customer Service, Shipping, and overall everything is second to none.

I bought 3 copies of XP Pro from Microsoft through their Partners Program from a link in [H]otDeals Forum. I think it was $39 a copy. The academic version is the way to go if you are even close to being a student...even worth signing up for a class to get access to the campus bookstore. :D

Originally posted by djnes
Why does everyone have such a hard time getting XP? I got mine for $10 through work, which isn't an option for everyone, but I have seen at almost all computers shows, XP Pro Corporate for about $129.

well from reading more on that site it seems as if this copy will be unable to do windos update and you can only get downloadable service packs from that website wich they are purchased from. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.. Have no idea why my friend ordered them.

that website is a scam, its set up in some other country. i know people who have ordered from there, and got like burned copies of it. im talking about cdcheap or whatever

Back