Best gaming PC, in your opinion

biru32

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at a Dell gaming PC or a Vision gaming PC, can anyone suggest the best, or another brand that you think is better?

Thanks.

I would suggest building your own PC, it's not hard at all and you'd be saving 100-300 dollars average.
But if you're set on buying a prebuilt one, Alienware is the best for gaming, but also most expensive.

Just go to www.newegg.com, start out with a motherboard you think is of good quality, if you intend to overclock go with DFI, and from there match parts to your motherboard according sockets and such, and to the prices you can go with

Building your own is definitely the way to go, unless you're really afraid to do it. It's pretty easy to do and I'm sure there are guides out there to help you. When you build your own you get higher quality parts and save a ton of money.

Definitely build your own. The hard part is selecting components, but these forums are useful help for that.
Trained monkey could assemble the parts.

I would say build your own, but don't cut corners, or you might end up with a noisy or hot / unstable computer. Peace of mind is what you are buying from Dell / Alienware.

i was in your same shoes about 2 months ago.

decided i'd just go ahead and take a chance with building my own.
now that it's up and running i couldn't be happier.

just make sure you do ALOT of research and you'll be fine.

Like many have said, building your own is the most cost effective, and you get exactly what you want. Also, when it's time to upgrade, it will be a lot easier and for the most part more inexpensive.

If you got money to burn though, I would get a Falcon NW PC myself. Very spendy systems though but you won't see many others with a better paint job or performance.

Build your own. Hit the hardware side of these forums, ask questions, and then price things out at sites like Newegg, zipzoomfly, etc... I've been building systems for myself and just about every person I know for the last 8 years and I always find I can get better performance for the dollar putting them together myself. Only thing would be if you want someone else to do troubleshooting/repair work on it, then get pre-built. But spend a little time researching, learning, and you'll find you'll never need to buy a system again. Just be careful not to advertise your newfound expertise too much, as you'll suddenly release everyone and their cousin have computer issues and will be coming to you for answers :)

I was in the same position a few months ago. I'd built my own PC's for years but got sick of the whole DIY potential incompatibilities, heat issues, etc.
At that time I was VERY close to getting an Alienware or Dell XPS.
At the same time, their prices are HORRIBLE. You can literally build your own system using the same parts for literally 1/3 less than they're charging. In some cases even HALF.
What's the answer? Monarch. Granted I ended up building my own after all, you can buy a pre-built PC from them for nearly the same price as building your own, you just pay $150-200 for labor on it. It's the best of both worlds in terms of price and performance. Since they pre-test all of the setups, you know that the mobo will work with the RAM, it'll fit in the case, the IDE cables aren't bad, it's not overheating, etc.
http://www.monarchcomputers.com

I know it sounds like I'm some kind of shill, but I really think they're a great alternative to overspending with Dell and potentially having to trial and error your way through home-builds.

Build your own, youll save money, youll be more proud of your PC, "i build it".

Research for future ie:

DX10 and Vista: Only the Nvidia 8800 as of now handle it
Audio and Vista: Need only OpenAL hardware accelerate DirectSound is not hardware accelerate in Vista.
Memory: DDR2 Low latency high frecuency
MoBo: As of now the Nvidia 680i platform is the best
CPU: well i have to admit it but Intel with the Core 2 Duo or KEinstefield are the best

My 2 cents.

Back