Sep 11, 2005 #1 S SulSeeker Gawd Joined Dec 16, 2002 Messages 574 I'm looking for a program that would completely destroy data on a hard drive without any ability for recovery. Can anyone point me to the best one on the market (or on the net) available... Free or Free trial would be great. Thx.
I'm looking for a program that would completely destroy data on a hard drive without any ability for recovery. Can anyone point me to the best one on the market (or on the net) available... Free or Free trial would be great. Thx.
Sep 11, 2005 #2 M mikeblas [H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2006 Joined Jun 26, 2004 Messages 12,777 Searching for DOD 5220.22-M should lead you to lots of sites recommending programs that support the DOD's prescriptions for avoiding unauthorized disclosure of classified information. I use PDWIPE myself; it works great, but costs $20. There's some freeware utilities, and I think they're on the Ultimate Boot CD. You might be able to make use of other programs on the UBCD.
Searching for DOD 5220.22-M should lead you to lots of sites recommending programs that support the DOD's prescriptions for avoiding unauthorized disclosure of classified information. I use PDWIPE myself; it works great, but costs $20. There's some freeware utilities, and I think they're on the Ultimate Boot CD. You might be able to make use of other programs on the UBCD.
Sep 11, 2005 #3 A ambit 2[H]4U Joined Aug 7, 2000 Messages 3,249 DBAN is often recommended. http://dban.sourceforge.net/
Sep 11, 2005 #4 O Order Gawd Joined Dec 8, 2004 Messages 979 I've had good experience with Eastec Eraser. 30 day free trial and the Gutmann algorithm.