• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best Creative driver cleaner

Surly73

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
1,782
Hi all:

I usually follow this forum but I've simply been too busy with work and family to follow all threads.

I am upgrading from an Audigy 2ZS to a Auzentech Forte in the next couple of days. I run Vista Ultimate x64 and XP SP3 dual-boot. XP has all of the Creative stuff installed, Vista just has the latest Creative-released driver (6.0.1.1370) and nothing but Alchemy and Creative Audio Console.

What is the best, current software to to scrub all of this stuff up after a regular uninstall and before a Forte install? I have DriverSweeper 1.5.5 and DriverSweeper b2 (Guru3D)

If there's any other transition tips, please speak up.

Thanks,
 
Driver Cleaner Pro.

Select Creative drivers after you uninstalled already and rebooted, that's it. Does a pretty good job on other driver packages as well.

TBH though, Creative doesn't leave much behind after you use their uninstaller.
 
A few years ago I came across something buried in a Creative FAQ somewhere.. it mentioned using Setup.exe in the Drivers folder of the original driver CD, this has a special uninstall feature when you run it. I actually copied it off the disk and have it saved on my HD, it works well.
 
Back
Top