Best Buy just charged my credit card for my 6800 GT!!!

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
I'm going to assume that since I had the card on Pre-order this means the card will ship soon; like tomorrow maybe. That would be tight! I have been running some old peice of crap card for the past 3 weeks now! :(

I'm excited for the card though!!

[BB] Rick James said:
I'm going to assume that since I had the card on Pre-order this means the card will ship soon; like tomorrow maybe. That would be tight! I have been running some old peice of crap card for the past 3 weeks now! :(

I'm excited for the card though!!
Hell, who is NOT excited about this card?! I am also hoping that my 6800 Ultra ships tomorrow!

Scott

sonyman said:
Hell, who is NOT excited about this card?! I am also hoping that my 6800 Ultra ships tomorrow!

Scott

Well Scott all I know is that if they do ship tomorrow we both will be as happy as pigs in shit.

What shipping method did you choose? overnight, 3 day, 2 day, etc..?

[BB] Rick James said:
Well Scott all I know is that if they do ship tomorrow we both will be as happy as pigs in shit.

What shipping method did you choose? overnight, 3 day, 2 day, etc..?
Rofl...pigs in shit.

Overnight shipping.

Scott

sonyman said:
Rofl...pigs in shit.

Overnight shipping.

Scott

Nice!!! however that means you'll have your card first... :( I went with the 2nd day.

Which model did you get? The 6800 Ultra OC by BFG right? I'm assumig you ordered your card from Best Buy as well. I can't wait to play some UT2004 and some FarCry on the new card.

[BB] Rick James said:
Nice!!! however that means you'll have your card first... :( I went with the 2nd day.

Which model did you get? The 6800 Ultra OC by BFG right? I'm assumig you ordered your card from Best Buy as well. I can't wait to play some UT2004 and some FarCry on the new card.
BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra OC from Best Buy. I also anticipate playing those same 2 games!

Scott

Sure its not just an auth? BB auths cards every Sunday on preorders to make sure the card is still valid. I have an auth on mine but no charge.

Cool, although Bestbuy charged my credit card the day I put the preorder in. I checked by bank account afterwards and sure as hell, it was $520 some bucks lower. Unfortunately I didn't get next or even 2nd day... I went with the free option which was ground I believe. Oh well, I've waited this long, I can wait another week or so.

tranCendenZ said:
Sure its not just an auth? BB auths cards every Sunday on preorders to make sure the card is still valid. I have an auth on mine but no charge.

Well when I got to the account it says "In Process" so I hope that means it's being worked on and going to be shipped. I wondering if anyone can tell us if BB received the shipment? HMMM :confused:

From Best Buy Email said:
Dear Nate:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 07/06/2004. Your order details are listed below.

AWWWWWW.. now I have to wait another 5 days!! Boooooo

tranCendenZ said:
Don't make sense... Didn't BFG say they shipped the GTs to BestBuy last friday?

That's the rumor yes... That could very well be but maybe their short staffed or something at Best Buy and they need the extra days or something. I don't know...

[BB] Rick James said:
That's the rumor yes... That could very well be but maybe their short staffed or something at Best Buy and they need the extra days or something. I don't know...
Short staffed and dull witted.

Scott

[BB] Rick James said:
Well when I got to the account it says "In Process" so I hope that means it's being worked on and going to be shipped. I wondering if anyone can tell us if BB received the shipment? HMMM :confused:

Sorry, but that doesnt mean anything. When i ordered the GT ont eh 20th, mine said in process as well... and i know they werent processing it then..

Divine_Madcat said:
Sorry, but that doesnt mean anything. When i ordered the GT ont eh 20th, mine said in process as well... and i know they werent processing it then..

Yeah we all know. We have conluded this in the thread if you read the entire thing.

[BB] Rick James said:
Yeah we all know. We have conluded this in the thread if you read the entire thing.
Oddly enough, i did read the whole thread, and no, it hadnt been concluded... but hey.. sorry for trying to help.. :rolleyes:

Divine_Madcat said:
Oddly enough, i did read the whole thread, and no, it hadnt been concluded... but hey.. sorry for trying to help.. :rolleyes:

Oh sorry I didn't mean to come off as being a dick. I mean yeah Best Buy is jacking us around... Sorry mate.

[BB] Rick James said:
Oh sorry I didn't mean to come off as being a dick. I mean yeah Best Buy is jacking us around... Sorry mate.

Its fine.. and for what it counts, i am sorry to see it happening (and if it werent for CompUSA, i would be in the same boat as everybody else... i had a GT order that probably would have been pushed back..)

Divine_Madcat said:
Its fine.. and for what it counts, i am sorry to see it happening (and if it werent for CompUSA, i would be in the same boat as everybody else... i had a GT order that probably would have been pushed back..)

So you've already got your card? You bastid!! :) So you went with the GT then?

[BB] Rick James said:
So you've already got your card? You bastid!! :) So you went with the GT then?
No sir.. i wish i had my card. I prepaid $350 for the 6800Ultra (talked to a manager, and he had no problem authorising the 30% off for the prepay). Until that though, i did have a BB preorder for a GT..

Divine_Madcat said:
No sir.. i wish i had my card. I prepaid $350 for the 6800Ultra (talked to a manager, and he had no problem authorising the 30% off for the prepay). Until that though, i did have a BB preorder for a GT..

So the 30% pre-paid did work hu? Wow nice... I should go to my local CompUSA and see if they will do that for me.

Question though. The store that is near me doesn't have the option for me to even pre-pay for the card. How do I go about doing this?

[BB] Rick James said:
So the 30% pre-paid did work hu? Wow nice... I should go to my local CompUSA and see if they will do that for me.

Question though. The store that is near me doesn't have the option for me to even pre-pay for the card. How do I go about doing this?

I dont know.. i have heard alot of reports that the 6800's have been temporarilly withdrawn from thier system.

The best way to check, is to go to the store, and just be up front with the manager.. :)

Divine_Madcat said:
I dont know.. i have heard alot of reports that the 6800's have been temporarilly withdrawn from thier system.

The best way to check, is to go to the store, and just be up front with the manager.. :)

I have ordered and re-ordered so many times; each time I'm assuming I'm getting thrown to the back of the pack.. I might just leave the order as is. BB's return policy is unmatched...

compuplus.com has the BFG 6800 GT's in stock for $385 + shipping. I caled in to place my order so I would be shure that if I orderd today I could get it tomarow with overnight shipping. The person I talked to asured me that it would be here tomarow, and it still cost less even with overnight than BB's free shipping+tax.

Jocomp10 said:
compuplus.com has the BFG 6800 GT's in stock for $385 + shipping. I caled in to place my order so I would be shure that if I orderd today I could get it tomarow with overnight shipping. The person I talked to asured me that it would be here tomarow, and it still cost less even with overnight than BB's free shipping+tax.

Guys I just called compuplus and they do have the cards in stock. I ordered one and I should have it by tomorrow. I'm pumped!!

tranCendenZ said:
wtb bb shipping notification :(

I received my tracking # from Compuplus; my BFG 6800 GT OC will be on my doorstep tomorrow!!! Compuplus really took the ball and ran with it; Best buy really dropped the ball. I bought mine for $412.00 which includes the overnight shipping and it's still cheaper then BB.

[BB] Rick James said:
I received my tracking # from Compuplus; my BFG 6800 GT OC will be on my doorstep tomorrow!!! Compuplus really took the ball and ran with it; Best buy really dropped the ball. I bought mine for $412.00 which includes the overnight shipping and it's still cheaper then BB.

Heh well I got in on the 299 deal, i have it from bestbuy 323 with overnight shipping

Ripping my hair out waiting on this $300 6800 GT deal to go through or not :mad:

I got the email saying my order is backed to 7/06/04 too. My guess is they need the extra 3 work days to properly ship the massive orders.

BestBuy takes forever to ship anything, took over a week to get my lord of the rings dvd.

Scott..o i mean Phil

Back