Best Bookmark sync service / addon

djgizmo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a bookmark sync/addon that is reliable.

Features I need:
  • To be able to organize the bookmarks locally and of course the service/addon would intelligently sync that organization to the server.
  • Date sorting / To be able to show when I added a bookmark (this doesn't need to be shown locally, I don't mind logging into a service to find that out)
  • Must be an addon for Firefox (preferably FF4)
  • Ability to tag bookmarks is a plus, but not a requirement

I ORIGINALLY used google bookmarks, then they threatened to end the service a few years back, so I switched to stumbleupon ... however the only ability to sort / organize bookmarks is horrible and I have dozens upon dozens of bookmarks that I'll never be able to find since they only offer tagging and 1 way syncing (down to firefox)

Please can someone recommend a solution?

Doesn't Firefox 4 have built-in syncing? Click the orange Firefox menu button and hit Set Up Sync, create an account, and before you hit Next, hit Sync Option, then make sure Bookmark is checked, then hit Next to create an account.

On another computer, open Firefox 4, hit Firefox menu, then Set up Sync, then sign in with the Sync account you made previously.

jeezus... I didn't even see that. sigh... why couldn't this existed 2 years ago.

Thanks a million Azhar!

Back