Best Athlon64 HSF?????

einsig

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 24, 2002
Messages
103
Like the title says. Doesn't need to be too quiet as long as it is rock solid reliable. My stock one started crapping out after 5 days.
 
Originally posted by logo29a
Thermalright SLK948U + 92mm Panaflo RPM sensing fan :)

I 2nd that SLK948U. I am using one on a 64 3000+ and it idle around 29c and maxes at 39c.
 
Are there any fit issues with the panaflo/thermalright combo? Will it fit on the stock back plate/frame? How hard is it to fit the fan on the heatsink?
 
It comes with a custom metal backplate. It will take any 92mm fan, even the tornado. It's very easy to fit the fan. It has wire clips that hold it in.
 
Originally posted by ST|FFY
Zalman CNPS 7000-Cu

I'll second that. You can get it for $30 shipped from the right place, its almost completely silent, and it comes with a fan speed adjuster.
 
Thermalright is not noisy, unless you equip a high speed fan.

Slap on a panaflo L or M speed fan, and it will run quiet all day long.
 
Originally posted by Nerdwannabe
Thermalright is not noisy, unless you equip a high speed fan.

Slap on a panaflo L or M speed fan, and it will run quiet all day long.

but the performance wont be near that of the 7000
 
Originally posted by jiggytom
I'd say its the Alpha PAL 8150. The heatsink is HUGE, so make sure itl fit in your motherboard..just barely fits in my Kv8-Max3.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-112-006&depa=0

Idle about 32, load 45 max.

Oops, I forgot about this thread. FYI, I get better temps than those on my stock HSF and AS5. I'm thinking I'll go witht he Zalman 7000A, just have to decide if the all Cu is worth the price jump.
 
Originally posted by einsig
Oops, I forgot about this thread. FYI, I get better temps than those on my stock HSF and AS5. I'm thinking I'll go witht he Zalman 7000A, just have to decide if the all Cu is worth the price jump.

if i remember correctly, the AlCu vs. Cu diff is really low.....
 
Back
Top