Best all around 22", cost no object

impactdax

n00b
Looking for best all around 22". Some gaming, but mostly work. Very crisp text, thin bezel, low (but not best in class) lag and response.

I don't want a TN monitor.

Thanks

There is no such thing as a 22'' LCD that isn't a TN panel except Lenovo's 1920x1200 22'', but I don't think that has hit production yet.

Why a 22'', especially if you want a quality monitor?

i'm also looking for the best 22 inch LCD for gaming specifically. Right now my eyes are on the Samsung 226BW. I want something with high refresh and good response time, minimal ghosting, minimal tearing

Okay why are there a million of these threads?
There is exactly ONE non TN 22" and it cost many thousands of dollars.

taylorwilsdon wrote:

Why a 22'', especially if you want a quality monitor?

I want a ppi as close to my current 19" 1280x1024 setup as possible. I get eye strain when I move higher than about 90 ppi. I could do two 26" monitors, but it would take up too much desk space and my wife would kill me.

Also, I am looking for monitors that will do a 1:1 pixel map. I frequently log in to my office machine remotely. It has two 19"'s at 1280 x 1024. I want them to appear on my 22" monitors 1:1, so the native resolution on my 22" is the same and PPI is nearly identical. My understanding is that I will simply have a black band on the bottom/top of 26 lines and side(s) of 400 lines. Is this correct? What monitors do this?

Thanks

Back