Benchmarking RAM timing/divider adjustments?

Ocellaris

Fully [H]
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
19,075
I have Q6600@3.3GHz with my FSB at 366 and a 9x multiplier for the CPU. I am using A-DATA 6400 ram with pretty loose timings. I have been hovering between just running the RAM @733 (1:1) which defaults to 5-5-5-17 and if I put it up to @914 (4:5) its down to like 5-6-6-21 just going by SPD. So I am just looking to get the most out of the RAM and just manually adjusting it, however I am looking for some good apps to really pin down how much performance I get at each setting. Thanks.
 
I would go for 1:1. raising the RAM speed higher than 1:1 on a current Intel system does not gain much.

Everest or Sisoft Sandra are decent benchmarking programs if you want to see the difference.
 
I've got a similar question actually. I am currently running my ram at less than the default speed, manually set at 1:1. It's capable of running at 1066 but currently only running it at 780. Is it worth running it 1:1 or should I just let it default to 1066? I am wondering because I am about to buy more ram and want to decide between DDR2 800 and 1000.
 
Back
Top