Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones

Chevaliers

n00b
I’ve been looking into the Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones after stumbling upon them at BestBuy. I thought it’s possible to use these wireless, cause they work on batteries and have a separate wire. After googling this I found some conflicting results that you have to use a separate device or not… So.. does anyone know whether I can use the headphones wirelessly?

I’ve been looking into the Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones after stumbling upon them at BestBuy. I thought it’s possible to use these wireless, cause they work on batteries and have a separate wire. After googling this I found some conflicting results that you have to use a separate device or not… So.. does anyone know whether I can use the headphones wirelessly?

Those headphones are not wireless. The wire is still required to connect to an audio source. The batteries are used only for "active noise cancellation" even though the feature is less effective on the Beats than in some other active noise-cancellation headphones. And in the case of the Beats, both the batteries and the wire are required - the headphones will not work with the wire alone.

Eagle is right, in addition to that I've heard only negatives about those headphones from audiophiles. You could probably get equally as good headphones for significantly less, they seem to break often as well. Unfortunately I have no recommendation on wireless headphones.

Back