Baynetworks 350T

Morpheus256

2[H]4U
ok, im making this thread quick before i go to bed, im thinking of purchasing that model, mainly becuase of the cheap price im seeing them for.

2 questions.

1. pdf manual? anyone have it? what features does this switch have on the managment side of things?

2.how does one go into "password recovery" mode? knowing my luck, ill buy one, and the password for R/W mode will be set.

Thanks

great switch that can be had for very cheap

most of the documentation is on nortel's site

Your questions have already been answered, but let me just say I really like my 350T. It's a beast for the price.

yeah i found the pdf's finally.
one managemnt feature im in need of, is say i want a timer type setup
say at 930pm disable port 8 till 4am. this one i presume can do it right?

and im stil shakey on the password recovery on it......

besides the (backdoor) that has been disabled on some, is there any other way to recover/reset the unit to factory default?

Thanks.

GEEE im so overwhelmed with all the help from everyone :rolleyes:

nortel wants 450$ just for me to SPEAK with someone there. it would be aprecative if you guys would attempt to help me with this.......

ill look around our "dungeon" i know we have a ton of stuff in there from older baystack 350s

yeah thats the backdoor i was refering to, nortel wants 450$ for me to talk to someone there. so im just gonna buy somthing else. as good as nortel's stuff is, 450$ to talk to tech support wont get me buying there stuff any time soon.

I'm actually thinking of picking up 5 or so of these for the lan i'm helping run

one central switch and 4 *branches* with 4 port trunks going to each switch.. that will leave us with a 60 person lan and plenty of room for the servers on the *central* switch

Originally posted by Morpheus256
yeah thats the backdoor i was refering to, nortel wants 450$ for me to talk to someone there. so im just gonna buy somthing else. as good as nortel's stuff is, 450$ to talk to tech support wont get me buying there stuff any time soon.

maybe becuase this isnt linksys and their stuff is geared twoards corporate users, to which $450 is nothing

if you dont know how to use it you shouldent be using it anyway :p

im well aware of how large of a company they are. however i have phoned compaq about a 10yr old managed hub, and they helped me reset the password. same with HP and 2 10+ yr old bridges......no $ requested ;)

Back