My apology if I should instead google for this info.
If I have a computer using integrated motherboard VGA.
Then I install 2 units of add-in VGA cards into the motherboard PCI-Express x16 slots.
Each VGA card requires additional power connection from PSU. Note here, however, I choose NOT to connect additional power to the add-on VGA cards.
Say I power-up the computer,
1. Will it damage the Add-on VGA cards?
2. Can the computer recognize presence of 2 Add-On VGA cards?
And a slight modification of setup.
3. If I use additional PSU to connect to the 2 add-on VGA cards. Normally this external PSU is off. I will power-up only when the 2 add-on VGA cards are required for operation. Is this possible or supported?
Thank you for your kind answer.
If I have a computer using integrated motherboard VGA.
Then I install 2 units of add-in VGA cards into the motherboard PCI-Express x16 slots.
Each VGA card requires additional power connection from PSU. Note here, however, I choose NOT to connect additional power to the add-on VGA cards.
Say I power-up the computer,
1. Will it damage the Add-on VGA cards?
2. Can the computer recognize presence of 2 Add-On VGA cards?
And a slight modification of setup.
3. If I use additional PSU to connect to the 2 add-on VGA cards. Normally this external PSU is off. I will power-up only when the 2 add-on VGA cards are required for operation. Is this possible or supported?
Thank you for your kind answer.