Bad x1900xt card??

Xiro

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
105
So I slapped my x1900xt into my computer and all seemed well, till i started noticing little white squares flashing here and there randomly around the screen while playing games. The card has never been o/c'd, and while i thought maybe it was a driver issue (tried 2 sets) it happens in all of the games I tried (UT2k4, FEAR, CS:S, HL2, etc).

Bad card? I think I'm going to return via fed-ex to the store I bought it from and get a new one, unless you guys think its something else I missed.
 
I don't think it's the card, and I'd bet your replacement X1900 does the same.

Facts: brand new card, in a small ass Shuttle (sweet tho), and only happens in 3D mode.

Theories: there's not a lot of ventilation in a Shuttle, the power supply can't handle the system load, the motherboard/chipset wasn't designed for such a high performance card.

Could be wrong tho.

I had thin horizontal streaks and pixel splashing until I tweeked the chipset voltage (RDX200, X1900XTX CF).
 
I would think the same but as my 1800xt works fine OC'd in the shuttle, and I slapped the x1900xt into my friends tower with the same results :(

I slapped my x1800xt back in their for now, good thing I didnt't sell it on ebay like I was planning lol.
 
Back
Top