Bad Stick of OCZ 3200?

gumplunger

Limp Gawd
I already have 1 stick of OCZ 3200 Performance Rev 2 and just got a stick of the same, except that it's Rev 3, and I'm thinking it's dead. I put it in and Windows wouldn't get past the Safe Mode choice menu. I tried just using the new stick and got absolutely nothing but a black screen. Switched slots around to no avail. Looking at my specs and this info, is it dead? Haven't had any problems with OCZ so far but...

Clear the CMOS and see if that helps. If the module will not boot, I can't do much to troubleshoot it. E-mail sean at ocztechnology.com and I will be happy to exchange your module for a new PC-3200 Rev 3.

That didn't seem to work...except now I have a "CPU is unworkable error". I'll give you an e-mail just as soon as I can get that straightened out.

edit: fixed that, but still no luck with the RAM. E-mail sent.

Oh and btw, I'm quite impressed that I got a response from OCZ tech support before I actually e-mailed them :) Someone mentioned that OCZ was trying to improve in that category and I guess they followed up on that.

^^^

We have had responsive, extremely dedicated tech support team for a long time now, but HardForum never had a dedicated memory section before. I'd say it is nice, because if any of my customers have problems, this lets me find them a lot easier.

I got your e-mail and as soon as I get a reply I'll send the RMA # and instructions for shipping.

Back