Back to Intel, new to SFF...

Parker

Limp Gawd
Here's my second build and first SFF. This time I went with Intel since they're back in the lead for performance. I ran 3DMark06 and scored 12124.

CASE: Silverstone SG01-BW
P/S: Corsair 520HX Modular
CPU: Intel C2D E8400 3.0GHz
CPU HEATSINK: Silverstone NT06-LITE
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B31M-S2L
MEMORY: G-Skill 4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800 (PC2 6400)
GPU: eVGA 8800GTS 512
HDD: Western Digital 74GB 10K RPM
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM

I need to work on the cable management more but ran out of time. And with dual optical drives I can't just stuff them in a cubby.
SFF800x600.jpg

SFF3800x600.jpg

Here's the gap for a 8800GTS to fit if anyone's curious.
SFF2800x600.jpg

My cpu heatsink just fits, but a little crooked.
SFF4800x600.jpg

And for the final presentation...
SFF7800x600.jpg

My previous AMD system...
ThermaltakeTsunami1.jpg

Wow that AMD rig is a beast.

I have an SG01 as well, I know how tight of a fit they can be. I also have an 8800GTS, and yeah it's a really close fit. They actually have a new version of it out now, whigh reverses the hard drive cage to allow full size cards the room they need. Maybe.

Looks like you have quite the build there, how do you like it?

I know what you mean with cable management. I only have one optical drive so I don't have that problem as much as you do, good luck lol.

Looks like you have quite the build there, how do you like it?

I absolutely love it. The size is perfect and I replaced the fans with some Panaflo silent fans. I've compared several benchmark tests with my previous build and this one is 2-3 times faster. I've also tried a 64 bit OS for the first time and am having 0 problems. Gaming goes follows suit and runs smooth as can be.

Yeah I have been using 64-bit distributions of Linux for a while now but haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Windows x64 until fairly recently (I get Microsoft crap for free through school), so I tried out the 64-bit versions of XP and Vista. I honestly had less problems with Vista than I did with XP, although XP didn't have any SERIOUS problems, just a few things that behaved weird. Vista's a little more intuitive once you know what it is trying to do (and turn off UAC).

Back