[B]New Display NEC 90GX2 Pro[/B]

jsbond0071

n00b
An updated version of the NEC 90GX2 can be found from a number of european online retailers.

The major differences i can see are that the contrast ratio has increased from 700:1 to 1000:1, 4ms to 2ms and the viewing angles have been increased.

Another interesting note is that there does not seem to be a price increase compared to the previous model. I wonder when US retailers will start stocking them

James.

The link is for another monitor - the NEC MultiSync 3210 32" LCD Monitor . Both of them seem nice. I know a few NEC models go the new "Pro" name added along with some upgrades. In the case of the 20WMGX2 it didn't change anything except the name.

The 32" was interesting to read about:

"The NEC MultiSync LCD3210 is also a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to installation options. Depending on individual requirements, the bezel of the unit can be removed and the display thus built into existing environments. And as a video wall, with the TileMatrix function for optimum display of picture data, the NEC MultiSync LCD3210 meets all demands. The main areas of application for the 32-inch unit are the transport sector - especially for use in railroad stations and airports - and the retail sector in small shops, and as an information terminal in busy public locations such as hotel lobbies."

All I need is a 32 incher in the house with a choo choo horn - all aboard! ; )

interesting...i was just about to buy this model, too. I guess I'll wait to see how it compares in image quality to the old model.

The link is for another monitor - the NEC MultiSync 3210 32" LCD Monitor . Both of them seem nice. I know a few NEC models go the new "Pro" name added along with some upgrades. In the case of the 20WMGX2 it didn't change anything except the name.

it just added support for the NEC soundbar to be attached, that's all they changed on the 20WGX2 Pro. The 90GX2 Pro and 70GX2 Pro were basically faster and with a slightly improved contrast ratio. Spec sheets for both are available here along with some pics :)

The pro models wont be available in the US. At this point there are no plans to make them here.

-edit- nevermind, looks like it does =/

-edit2- do you know why, travbomb?

Thanks for the link Badd. I really hope we get a confirmation from NEC asap about the release date in the US. I have contacted NEC and hope to get a reply back tomorrow. Would love to know how much of an impact the increased contrast ratio makes.

James.

Thanks for the link Badd. I really hope we get a confirmation from NEC asap about the release date in the US. I have contacted NEC and hope to get a reply back tomorrow. Would love to know how much of an impact the increased contrast ratio makes.

James.

I will check again tomorrow but as far as I have been informed these will not be released in the US at all. Not sure why.

Back