Azureus (mem cand cpu usage)

d3fc0n5

Limp Gawd
Hey guys i ran Azureus all night and when i woke up i found that my cpu useage was at 40-60% and my ram was at 1,4gb. what is what about. Is it an issue with Java or are the Files being Loaded to my ram b4 they huit the harddrive. ? anyone have any Idea

any extended bittorrent running, in my experiance, will begin to eat up ram...specially if you have multiple torrents.

however as soon as you close the torrents, it should restore your used ram.

yea mine likes to sit around 150mb+ on memory usage, and yea i tend to run 5+ torrents at once sometimes...meh, its all good tho cuz that pc doesnt do jack but fold and run my home fileserver...meh

P3N1X0R said:
yea mine likes to sit around 150mb+ on memory usage, and yea i tend to run 5+ torrents at once sometimes...meh, its all good tho cuz that pc doesnt do jack but fold and run my home fileserver...meh
well that is what it starts out as. then ass it dls more and more it keeps going up still it hit 1.5gb and then i try to run an game a boom 5 fps cuz of paging. so as soon as i finish this las download Utorrent is goiong to be my new torrent software

Komataguri said:
any extended bittorrent running, in my experiance, will begin to eat up ram...specially if you have multiple torrents.

however as soon as you close the torrents, it should restore your used ram.

However, the main reason for the extreme ram usage is, as was already said, that its coded in Java. Java is notorious for memory leaks.

RavenD said:
However, the main reason for the extreme ram usage is, as was already said, that its coded in Java. Java is notorious for memory leaks.

QFT, that's why I stopped running azureus on my pc. It doesn't seem to effect my Mac quite as much.

Back