AXPro Anyone?

Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
582
Well recently my medusa 5.1 gamer v2 headset was completely destroyed by my rabbit >.>

I was wondering, does anyone here have an AXPRO, and if I can ask you this:

How does it perform in source? Have you had medusa's before? Better or worse?


I've used: Icemats, HD555, Turtle Beach and Medusa's.

Medusa's were by FAR the greatest headset I've ever used. Thats in terms of quality, Mic quality and comfort.

Now I HEAR that the Tritton pros are much better, but thats what they said with the AX360s..

Those were shitty. 70% console, 30% PC. imo.


Any comments will be appreciated, or any links to some reviews of the specified headset. I've read most of the reviews given to me by google. But if I missed any thatd be great.


Thanks :D
 
Stereo headphones + hardware upmixer > 5.1 headphones.

You're not going to find many fans of those kinds of headsets here.
 
That's too bad. Alot of people I think got put off on the idea of 5.1 headsets when the ax360s came out. They were terrible for PC.

but yah, I had a nice pair of hd555 paired with my X-fi Prelude, they sounded great, but no where near as good as my medusa's.


But the hd555>medusas in music, but only in .flac format.. I couldn't notice a thing in anything less.
 
Stereo headphones should sound a lot better for games too, with the right soundcard and upmixing features. I'm really surprised that you think the Medusa's sounded better than the HD555 with CMSS3D-Headphone enabled.

As for not noticing a thing in anything less than .flac, I guess it means you aren't cursed with that nasty audiophile habit that makes people spend lots of money. Get out while you still can! :)
 
Just get some more medusas if you like them. Run away while you still can.
 
They make rabbit repellent I believe. Maybe try a Medusa + Rabbit go away spray setup? One of a kind for certain!
 
Team xbox gave them a 8.8 along with IGN.. Main downfall is a constant hiss during quiet passages..Crap amp. Having a low noise floor is crucial to pick up the hard to hear ambience and other audio that is masked to to a high noise floor.. You want as black a canvas that you can have.. In audio terms..Equipment placement, PC, headphones, stereo cables, power center all help in this area.. A lot is suble, some more noticeable. Pure direct, and some system changes really opened my eyes.

The Medussa, with 8 drivers, better then the 555's, 2 better drivers. I doubt a computer Acc company can out engineer Sen in terms of headphones. Sen made the 16,000 Orpheus system, which is highly regarded by many As the "best' in many audio circles.. NOS Orpheus can cost upwards of 25,000. They have been discontinued for years.. But still thought of as the holy grail. Like Hitler searching for the fountain of you in the Antartica.
 
In not an audiophile. Don't listen to flac..Not a fan of portable players or my computer as a serious music player.. I stick with MP3 and AAC. But prefer uncompressed wave over all. I love my 40 MB songs. o)
 
Team xbox gave them a 8.8 along with IGN.. Main downfall is a constant hiss during quiet passages..Crap amp. Having a low noise floor is crucial to pick up the hard to hear ambience and other audio that is masked to to a high noise floor.. You want as black a canvas that you can have.. In audio terms..Equipment placement, PC, headphones, stereo cables, power center all help in this area.. A lot is suble, some more noticeable. Pure direct, and some system changes really opened my eyes.

The Medussa, with 8 drivers, better then the 555's, 2 better drivers. I doubt a computer Acc company can out engineer Sen in terms of headphones. Sen made the 16,000 Orpheus system, which is highly regarded by many As the "best' in many audio circles.. NOS Orpheus can cost upwards of 25,000. They have been discontinued for years.. But still thought of as the holy grail. Like Hitler searching for the fountain of you in the Antartica.

im about to do some more research, but wait, this is for the axpro correct? i know my ax360s had the problem... if they're still a problem with the pro.. idk what to say
 
has anyone used these headphones on the PC? Also is there a way to eliminate the hissing sound?

Not really. It appears that they made them this way. I am guessing something weird about the impedance. Sorry man.
 
I found the razer 5.1s and Turtle Beach HPA2's to be superior to the medusa 5.1's in every way (except razers mic placement but sounds just as good).
 
No offense to you personally.Seriously, I mean no offense. Just want to describe my thoughts on the subject compared to real headphones or speakers.

However:

The idea of comparing 5.1 headsets is akin to pointing at piles of poop and saying which one smells the least.
 
Back
Top