Audio over remote desktop

alkaline

Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
727
Here's what i'm trying to do:

I want to have a music box in my room. It is directly connected to my speakers. I would like to remote in and access it because VNC is very slow.

The problem is, when I remote connect, audio defaults to the Microsoft RDP Audio Driver. I set it to leave audio at the server when I connect, but that doesnt solve the issue. I also updated my audio drivers and all that jazz, so it should be good to go. What do i need to do to redirect the audio at my onboard sound card?
 
When you open the remote desktop client, click on Options, then click on the Local Resources tab, there should be an option for "remote computer sound". Choose "leave at remote computer"

edit: sorry, i re-read your post again and noticed you had already done this. my bad. i've never had a problem getting this to work, although I don't do it very often either, so I can't be of more help.
 
Just as a note, I tried pulling the audio to my computer and it worked. Unsure why it wont play on the server though.
 
I'd recommend getting a dedicated device for the purpose.

Squeezebox is quite good. Worth the $300 investment.

Seems somewhat overkill to have a PC in your living room just for audio playback.
 
Back
Top