• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Audio input switches

Snugglebear

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 25, 2001
Messages
11,436
What are the options for audio switches with two channels and 3.5mm stereo jacks? For a couple years I've been meaning to either buy or build a 3 or 4 port unit that is capable of feeding my speakers from several different machines. The KVM unit I've got was made before this was a concern back in the 90s, and the KVMs today usually only have one channel support. I saw a couple units the other day at Radioshack when I was there for some capacitors, but they're all single channel and use the big stereo jacks. Using two would be possible, but it would be both annoying and spendy after adding up all the adapters.

Again, I need a unit with 3.5mm stereo jacks, two-channel support, and capable of handling 3-4 inputs.
 
I'd suggest building it....that might be the cheapest option. Farily simple to implement, especially if you find some good rotary switch or something.

I do recall picking up an audio switcher kind of like you're talking about, but it had one set of RCA inputs, and 4 sets of RCA outputs, switchable with a little selector knob. I found it in one of those crammed in a corner at target for like $10. In fact, I'm not using it anymore....if you want it, I could sell it to ya for like....I dunno, $5?
 
Back
Top