• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

audigy gamer problems

huxley

Pleeze Maik Mee STFU!!
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
9,342
Ugh, I recently installed xp again and tried installing my wonderful soundblaster audigy gamer. On my last motherboard the install would stop at 97% and freeze the computer and I had to hard reboot. I could never get it to install without freezing no matter how I added the drivers


Now on my new motherboard I got a BSOD and a message that stated "IRQ not equal or less than" message and had to reboot and the damn thing is still not working. Is this card fried or something? I have tried many ways to install the driver but to no avail. My luck has been horrid with computers lately :(
 
That is what I am going to try. How do I change IRQ's of devices, throught the BIOS? I tried changing them in windows but since the device was not properly installed it would not let me even view the IRQ info
 
IF you have onboard sound set auto set it to disable.


One of your pci slots has a dedicated irq its usaly slot 2 , call your mobo support line to confirm. I had that issue back in the day when used an abit board.Finaly in your cmos make sure its set to non plug an play os , then the mobo will sort things out.

Much better than Xp ever could i might add.
 
Back
Top