• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Audigy 2ZS Question

Sacrifice

n00b
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
33
Ok, I used to have a USB headset (until I accidentally shattered it) and now I have one with 3.5mm connections. With the usb, I'd be able to use the usb with a voice client (team speak) and then while in teamspeak I could go into sound/audio devices and switch the sound to the audigy which I speakers were plugged into and then open up iTunes or any other music playback program. This allowed me to talk to people on teamspeak, or game and listen to music in the background at the same time. Might sound complicated, dont know how well I explained myself. What im wondering is, I see all these ports in the back of the sound card, and was wondering if this could still be accomplished, even though I now have a headset that plugs into my sound card. Know what I mean? Thanks!!
 
Maybe. If youve got seperate jacks for headphones and speakers on your sound card you should be able to... Its just so odd of a setup, why dont you just use a standalone mic?
 
Well, I'm an avid gamer, and use a headset. There are a bunch of output jacks on the card, I just dont know how to set programs to one jack (teamspeak/game to headset) and programs to the jack my speaker system is plugged into (iTunes/Winamp/Media Player, etc.)
 
The USB part of your old headset functioned like a second sound card.
Just enable your onboard audio and connect the "new" headset to it to get that same kind of functionality.
 
Nub question, how do you enable the onboard audio. Will enabling is put it as an option in the dropdown bar like the usb headset did?
 
Sacrifice said:
Nub question, how do you enable the onboard audio. Will enabling is put it as an option in the dropdown bar like the usb headset did?

There is generally a setting in the BIOS to enable/disable the onboard audio in Integrated Peripherals or something along those lines depending on make/model of motherboard.
 
Back
Top