• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audigy 2

Tanatz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
271
Not an Audigy 2 ZS, or X-FI, etc. Just a plain ol' Audigy 2 is what I have in my system right now, with a set of 2.1 Boston Acoustic desktop speakers. In all honesty, this setup is INSANE - crystal clear quality, balanced highs and lows, etc.

My question is, though, while looking for an upgrade, what specs am I to look at that determine the quality of a sound card / speakers?

It's obviously much easier to hear for myself in a showroom but if I wanted to compare on paper, what do I look for?

I'm interested in a 5.1 setup, maybe 6.1. 7.1 is stupid.

Also, I hear the X-Fi's have problems which Creative is now addressing?
 
Whatever problems x-fi had I think they are fixed now. Ive had my x-fi extrememusic for a while now and no problems at all
 
Back
Top