• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Audigy 2 vs X-Fi

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
11,819
Okay I have the first Gen Audigy 2. Is it worth upgrading to the X-Fi card? I game when I have the time, and normally use headphones. Once in awhile, I use my Klipsch speakers.
 
there's no better headphone support out there than what the X-Fi is currently offering.
 
I'd buy an X-Fi today... But those nforce4 problems (and all the other non-nvidia based boards as well)... are keeping me away.

(Have an A8N32...)

So I have no idea what to buy... Maybe wait until Creative launches their next product which hopefully doesn't have popping sounds?
 
buy the x-fi from like the egg, keep ALL the original stuff, and return it if it crack/pops, but i dont have a prob with my nforce4 board....
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There is no comparison between the X-fi and the audigy series of cards.

I have the audigy 2zs and x-fi and although the audigy was magic in its day, the x-fi kicks its but big, definetly get the X-fi if you are shopping around for a new sound card, the extreme music is the one to get as the Xram ones which cost like 100$ more for some ram on a card that doesnt even do shit isnt worth it, they all sound the same whether they have the ram onboard or not.
 
I've never heard the audigy series before, but I have the x-fi, and yes, I agree, it OWNS.

Keep in mind that to get the most out of it, you will need a decent headphone, or you might wonder why the x-fi doesn't own as much as I say when it's your headphone is the bottleneck:)
 
Back
Top