Audigy 2 problem

Dude8383

n00b
Ok, so i've had this sound card for about a year already. Its been workin fine, but about a month ago the sound started to get crackily and about a week ago i think my digital output cable crapped out on me. i was curious to know if anyone knows a way to test if maybe my digital output on the sound card is screwed? or if its just a simple replacement of the cable itself. Listening to all of media through analog connections sucks ass. i cant control where the sound goes..it terms of balance...everything is in front. oh BTW this is a 5.1 speaker setup...Creative Labs Cambridge Soundworks 510d. Creative doesnt make em anymore but these speakers were a bargain when i bought em...$210!!! 500watt system!! anyways if someone could help i would really appreciate it! :)

Check your EAX console whether you have CMSS on. Sometimes it seems to get turned on automatically, and it has a tendency to crackle my speakers. It also ruins surround if you're using it.

I'm surprised you don't like the analog. Technically, the DAC's on the card should be much better than on those speakers.

should i just forget all of this crap and order an Audigy 2 ZS?
is it possible for the digital out on the subwoofer to screwed as well?? cause that would suck:mad:

The ZS won't help if the Audigy 2 doesn't work. Do the analog outs crackle? If they don't, it means it's either the wire or the speaker's fault, not the sound card. If the analog sounds worse, it means you have strange ears.

lol..my ears are pretty sensitive actually, you have any clue as to where i could order a digital out cable?

Back