Audacity imports as .05 second ...

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
19,098
I have a 5 minute audio clip and when I import it into audacity, it stuffs it into a .05 second segment, so I just get a 'bleep' when I try to play it back. I exported it as .wav and it plays back fine. I'm just using project -> import audio button. The hz is set the same 44.1k in both recording and in audacity.

I zoom out and select all the audio and it bleeps. I zoom in and select just a segment, which ends up being like .005 seconds ... I need it imported as the 12 minute duration, then I can zoom in to delete segments ..

What am I doing wrong?
 
Do you have any difficulty importing other files? Audacity may simply be misinterpreting this particular file's header, so you may need to rebuild it in another program (whatever programs you have that can read it correctly and export it...correctly).
 
Back
Top