ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT @ [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to be an ass, but.... can't you spell "lose"? What is loose? Are there some bolts on the 2900XT loose? Maybe that will help with the temps/power sucking!

Dear GOD, THANK YOU. That is a huge pet peeve for me, ranking right up there with people saying "a mute point".

A "mute" means a person that cannot speak, or you put your speakers on "mute" to turn the volume off. "Moot" on the other hand, means debatable or subject to dispute "a moot point".

I was beginning to think I had a screw loose after seeing it used incorrectly so often (and even by supposed "professional" web journalists). I was about to lose all hope of people getting it right. Editing seems to have become a lost art, these days, but I suppose since the internet is supposed to be an ephemeral medium it is all a moot point :D.

Yeah, we already discussed that one like a couple posts back... and thought it was funny that they claim that in Oblivion you can't enable AA + HDR... which everyone with a high end new high-end video card IS able to do.... so I don't know if they neglected to show those results, "conveniently" forgot that there is a control panel that you can force it on... or maybe they just didn't want to show the 2900XT losing horribly once AA was enabled ;)

Yes yes, I know, it will be fixed with drivers. But as of RIGHT now, why would you buy a card that can't do AA? If you're buying a high-end video card.... isn't AA one of the first things you use? If you can? I know I would.... AA is one of the best inventions since sliced bread :D

just read the guru3d review of the 2900Xt and WOW, they really added alot of new technology, sure it doesnt beat the GTX but with all the new crap added... no wonder it is selling.....

HDMI out ports with 5.1 audio support, tesselation and crap :)

Dear GOD, THANK YOU. That is a huge pet peeve for me, ranking right up there with people saying "a mute point".

A "mute" means a person that cannot speak, or you put your speakers on "mute" to turn the volume off. "Moot" on the other hand, means debatable or subject to dispute "a moot point".

I was beginning to think I had a screw loose after seeing it used incorrectly so often (and even by supposed "professional" web journalists). I was about to lose all hope of people getting it right. Editing seems to have become a lost art, these days, but I suppose since the internet is supposed to be an ephemeral medium it is all a moot point :D.

haha yeah... I don't know, it doesn't seem that hard, unless you're in a big hurry to make your point or are typing from a cell phone....

Oh well, I just picked that one out because it was said like 10 times over and I thought it was a little funny ;)

No, this is:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM0MSw4LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Notice that they had to turn down or turn off the grass to get the 2900XT closer to the 8800GTS. Drivers may improve performance.

I'm not sure if you're defending [H] or pointing out something you think they did wrong....

I'm not sure if you're defending [H] or pointing out something you think they did wrong....
Defending the [H] review. The recent post from Blackstone showing very low fps in Oblivion is also something potential buyers should look at.

.....did what first?

And that's interesting about the UVD.... so the 2900XT actually does NOT have it? Anyone with a 2900XT could probably say yes or no... where's LawGiver?

Is he a 2900XT owner, or does he just play one on TV..uh..forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back